I started making dresses when I realized I could design wearable art dresses for myself that would equally suit a business meeting and an art museum reception, while having the comfort of my favorite hanging-out-at-home dress. In the classic style dresses, there is a timelessness to the styling (I always think of Jackie-O or my mom) made possible by the process of creating the seamless & fully-reversible garment all at once - the great advantage of nuno felting!
- Natural (white) merino-tencel roving and silk
- Embellished with mango & raspberry merino fibers
- modest mid-knee length
- Bold mango hibiscus-floral & circles on a white field
- Round and v-neck lines for reversible wearing (to work with your jewelry)
- Seamless creation; you can wear it with merino-surface or silk-surface facing the world with either soft-surface inside.
So, enjoy feeling bold and comfortable in any situation that calls out for a fun and classic dress.
Hybiscus dress - White merino-tencel nuno felted into Silk Habotai with mango & raspberry accents.
Hibiscus Classic Dress
Hand wash by soaking in pH-neutral dish soap (Ecover, Myers, Dawn) added to lukewarm water. Drain & squeeze & refill sink with clear lukewarm water to rinse. Then squeeze out gently & you can spin it in your washer & hang to dry. Easy-peasy!